Dawn Johnson crafts wool rugs as unique works of art using a hand-tufting process.
I provide a specialist design and make service producing individual, quality sculpted carpets to meet the personal specifications of my clients. Rugs can be either 80% wool/ 20% nylon or 100% wool.
If you are interested commissioning a Rug
- I like to meet the client and establish the requirements of the location of the piece, size, existing colour scheme etc.from this meeting I would produce 4 design ideas
- There is a charge for the initial consultation and design work, deductible from final payment.
- On proceeding with a design, I source wool colours and send the client samples for agreement
- On agreement at this stage a 50% deposit is required
- Prices for the carpet are dependent on the complexity of the design and the amount of sculpting required as there is a significant amount of work required to complete, also the wool required when first making the rug needs to be longer and often denser.
- Delivery average time is 3 months but is subject to alterations in both directions.
- Maximum size per individual piece is 120cm x 180cm at the widest points.
Please use the contact form for further information